You are hereHome ›
California Water Watch
Essential to almost every aspect of our lives, water is California’s most precious resource. Despite its importance, however, our water supply is severely strained. This year California faces the worst drought in our history, and our Governor has instituted mandatory water cuts. The best way to tackle our water shortage is to use less of it. Students can help lead the way to hit these conservation goals!
- Use the washing machine for full loads only
- Wash dark clothes in cold water. This saves water and energy, and helps clothes retain their color
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Fill one basin with was water and the other with rinse water
- Take 5 minute showers instead of 10 minute showers
- Turn the water off when brushing or shaving
- Turn off the water while washing your hair
- When washing your hands, turn off the water while you lather
Take Action on Campus to Conserve Water!
- About Us
- Campus Chapters
- Get Involved
Work on important issues, learn valuable skills, get hands-on experience, and make a difference.